Skip to content

Authoring/Form Fields/Text Tags

22 results found

1. Allow for signature line and initals to be resizable

Once a document is signed by a signer by using the dropdown signature box, it shrinks the size of the signature and the initials upon completion. We have the ability to adjust the size of other fields, such as the date and Title, please add this feature to the signature line and initial field, it would help my company greatly. We have some vendors call us and ask what are some of the markings on the contract, and we have to tell them it is a shrunken signature.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Adobe Sign signature and initial fields are fully sizable in the authoring environment by default, and will retain their sizing through the full signature cycle.

2. Change the color of the signature tags depending on who's signing.

When adding the signature tags to a document, you should have color coded boxes depending on who's signing. If there are multiple signers on the same page, it'll be much easier to keep track of who signs where also, if there are multiple pages.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow the replacement of a document in a reusable document, without disturbing the fields.

Once a reusable document is built, it would be extremely helpful to be able to replace the document without disturbing the fields. For example, if 50 fields were built upon a document with a typo, currently we would have to rebuild the entire form. If we can retain the fields but swap out the document, it would save a lot of time. This also applies to documents that need updating periodically.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add the ability to add links to other sites in the documents or the splash page when the doc is sent

This would allow me to have new employees clink on the link to access handbooks and other company info that I dont want to include in the signable doc package

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Enable calculation of fields

My company uses some forms in which we make calculations between different fields, and it would be a great ability to have that done automatically.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Provide the signature date in separate parts (day, month, year)

Sometimes contracts need the date in the format Day of Month (long form), Year - allow for formatting the signature_date field

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Option to turn off blue border, but print transaction Number

The transaction number is required to be able to verify that an audit trail matches a signed document. However, currently the only way to include the transaction number on the signed document is with an accompanying blue border. We would like the option to have the transaction number added without the blue border.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow the field length to be set when using Text Tags in MS Word documents.

The inability to set the field length when using Text Tags in MS Word documents greatly detracts from their usefulness. For example, {{essigner2_title}} does not provide enough space for entry of any but the shortest job titles, even when the text tag is given an entire line in MS Word to work with.

At this point, I often don't both with text tags, instead leaving sufficient blank space and creating, positioning, and sizing the field within Echosign. This is a cumbersome process. There have been times where I've just emailed a document and asked the other party to…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Adobe Sign text tags base their size on two factors.
    The height of the field is predicated on the font size of the opening brace {

The width is based on the distance between the opening brace pair, and the closing base pair. The tag within the braces must be contiguous, but white space is permitted before or after the text tag string:
    {{FeildName_es_:signer1:title }}

For tags that are too long for the desired field width, text tag shortening can be used. Shortening is essentially defining a variable, and attaching the explicit tag to that variable.

For more on tag shortening: https://helpx.adobe.com/sign/help/adobesign_text_tag_guide.html#short

9. Dependant required fields

I have radio boxes on my form with 4 different options. It would be good if I could make other fields required if a certain radio box is selected.

e.g. Radio box 1 selected, field 1 must now be completed. Radio box 2 selected, fields 2-5 must now be completed.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow a photo upload

I use this to get contracts signed for my cake business. Part of my contract is a sketch or a photo of what the customer expects the final product to look like. It would be great to have a "photo upload" field - right now, I have to create their contract in word, enter the photo, then upload as a new document to EchoSign and re-enter all the other fields. It would be great to upload as a re-usable document with all the fields ready, but I would definitely need a photo field.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  5 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Company seal/stamp: Allow use with/in place of signature

Many of our contractors still require a company stamp to be present on the paper, so it would be nice if I could upload a scanned version of my company stamp to apply it to the document.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. How can I enter the same contact info once into multiple documents within Echosign?

I have the same set of docs that need to be signed. Currently I have to enter the same contact info on multiple docs that go out for signature by each new customer. How can I enter the contact info once within echosign and have it appear on all the docs within a 'set'?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

When defining your form within the authoring environment (or via text tag), you can define a default value for the field.

This allows the field to contain the common value you want to use most often, but allows you to edit it if need be.

The field can also be configured as Read Only, if you want to ensure the field value is not editable.

13. Font and Font Size

Can you please make it so we are able to select the font and font size for our form fields (including Company name, title, etc)? It would be nice to have it match what the rest of the document looks like. Thank you.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Field Formatting

Currently EchoSign supports basic formatting brought in from PDF's but it would be extremely useful if you could change field formats in the document library. e.g. I have a sort code field where I only want to allow digits to be entered and limit it to 6 digits long. I have limited the field length but signers can put in dashes which means I get 12-34 instead of 123456

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Adobe Sign field validation supports regular expressions, allowing you to limit the number/type of characters input into the field.

16. Enable text tags to allow for alignment of text

This is especially important for currency fields, in which the values should be aligned for easier reading and calculation. In my source document, the text tags for currency fields are in a table, and their cells are right-aligned, but this does not carry over to the EchoSign form.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Adobe Sign text tags support the directives for aligning the field content:

:align(left) – Aligns the text in the field to the left. This is the default behavior for form fields and the directive does not need to be satisfied.

:align(right) – Aligns the data in the field to the right.

:align(center) – Center aligns the data entered in the form field.

For more details: https://helpx.adobe.com/sign/help/adobesign_text_tag_guide.html#FieldAlignment

Currency field validations now left justify by default.

17. Feature: Enable users to hide/protect the social security number or social security numbers of clients in a signed document.

Create feature that allows users to hide/protect the social security number or social security numbers of clients of a document that has already been signed and completed.

This would limit and/or eliminate the possibility of identity theft of our clients personal information.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Editable Fields after signing

Is there anyway to create editable text fields that reamin unlocked after the document is signed? We are creating a form for purchasing and they need to fill in form numbers but do not sign the document.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

For Enterprise level customers, Adobe Sign supports the recipient role of “Form Filler”. Form fillers are specifically designed to fill in field content, and are not obligated to sing/approve the document.

19. Prepend currency validated fields with the appropriate currency symbol

This is more of a convenience, but it makes sense to automatically prepend any values in fields that are validated as currency with the appropriate currency symbol.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Adobe Sign now adds the currency symbol for supported currencies to the currency validated field, and justifies the field to the left by default.

20. Field type: Letterhead

Add ability to upload Company Letterhead to Document when signing

Many legal documents require the client to sign on their 'company paper', an issue which can be tackled by adding a letterhead to a virtual document. It would be extremely useful if one could upload their letterhead logo to a doc when signing, exactly how the attachment field works currently, however instead of adding the doc below the form, this will add it as an image on the form.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Authoring/Form Fields/Text Tags